Do you have an idea for a new ministry in your community? Are you exploring how to get started moving your idea into reality? This live online workshop series can help you and your congregation develop a plan to bring that ministry to life and then prepare to launch.
Led by author, speaker and consultant Joy Skjegstad, this workshop series offers two parts: Developing Your Community Ministry Plan on Thursday, May 4, 2017 and Launching Your Community Ministry Plan on Thursday, June 8, 2017. The cost is $10 and includes both workshops. You can register here and choose to attend one or both of the sessions.
Session 1: Developing Your Community Ministry Plan on May 4
Do you have a ministry idea that has grown out of community assets, issues and needs, as well as congregational passions and interests? If something has sparked an idea for a new ministry, the next step is to develop that idea into a plan to bring that ministry idea to life.
This live online education event includes practical steps for you, as a congregational staff or lay leader, to move your vision for ministry into a program plan. You will learn how to:
• recruit and convene a planning team of congregational members and perhaps community residents as well.
• work with your team to further hone your ministry idea based on the listening you have done in your congregation and in your community.
• develop outcomes, the desired results for your ministry program, and methods for measuring those outcomes.
• develop a program plan that identifies key program activities, a target audience, a location for ministry, and timelines.
Session 2: Launching Your Community Ministry Plan on June 8
Once you have a plan for a new community ministry, spending time preparing for ministry launch will increase your chances for successful implementation. The ministry will make a greater impact in the community, and it’s likely that more people from the community and your congregation will be involved.
This live online education event will provide strategies for:
- building a ministry launch team.
- identifying potential partners in the community and developing collaborations with them
- building momentum in your congregation for ministry launch.
- communicating effectively about the ministry.
- recruiting your first group of volunteers for the ministry.
Joy Skjegstad is the author of Winning Grants to Strengthen Your Ministry, Starting a Nonprofit at Your Church and 7 Creative Models for Community Ministry. She is a national speaker and consultant on nonprofit management and ministry development. Skjegstad is the founder of the Institute for Ministry Leaders, a university-based training program that builds the management capacity of churches and other ministry organizations.
Developing Your Community Ministry Plan is noon-1:30 p.m. (Eastern time) Thursday, May 4, 2017 and Launching Your Community Ministry Plan is noon-1:30 p.m. (Eastern time) on Thursday, June 8, 2017. The cost is $10 per connection and includes both workshops.
How can you maximize your learning in this workshop and others? Check out this Center for Congregations article, "Getting the Most from an Education Event."