Your congregation can play a role in fostering mental health and wholeness. Hillary McBride, therapist, researcher, speaker and writer, will provide an overview of mental health and help equip you to support mental health in your community.
Cost: $30 per person – or $25 per person when congregational teams of three or more register together
Best for: Members and leaders of any congregation who wish to be better equipped to understand, support and provide guidance to those experiencing mental health concerns.
Intended Outcomes: You will get a basic understanding of what mental health is and how congregations can be places of healing.
Outline of the day:
- the prevalence of mental health issues
- the need for community support
- the role of spirituality in mental health
- how mental health issues develop
- how mental health can be restored
- specific skills and strategies to determine how you can help
- how to create healthy communities