Fort Wayne Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic Immigrant Outreach Attorney Laura Pontius will help you learn more about immigration laws and policy and present a “bird’s eye view” of the immigration legal system.
Best for: Congregations which have activities with or for recent immigrants or for those seeking to be more well-informed about the current state of immigration law.
Intended Outcomes: You will be able to assist your congregation in making informed and educated decisions when working with immigrant populations. You will also be made aware of reliable sources of non-partisan information on immigration law and policy.
- Facilitating congregational conversations about immigration.
- Accessing local and statewide resources to support immigrants.
- Strengthen your ministries, decide on policy and discuss or advocate on immigration matters.
- Help your members connect with local and regional immigrant advocacy organizations.
- Equip your congregation to engage and respond in compassion to our immigrant neighbors.
- Partner with local community resources to help local immigrants to know their rights and receive legal assistance, obtain green cards or other benefits.