Recruiting and retaining volunteers is challenging. Ideally, you’d love to have the people with the perfect passions and skill sets in your volunteer positions. Often though, you’re likely scrambling to fill spots in your programs.
Join Annette Safstrom from Ministry Architects as she shares her 30+ years of experience in volunteer and staff roles to help you understand and execute a volunteer recruitment plan.
- a proven six-step recruiting plan.
- tools to fully staff your volunteer team with effective volunteers.
- the pros and cons of leadership teams.
- strategies for building a leadership team that is a blessing.
- practical ways to equip your team so that they feel capable for the role.
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- use tools to implement a recruitment plan.
- create and structure effective volunteer leadership teams.
- establish a volunteer equipping strategy that empowers and inspires.
Annette Safstrom has been a member of the Ministry Architects team since January of 2012. She has served as conference speaker for various ministry conferences and is the co-author of Sustainable Children’s Ministry with Mark DeVries. Safstrom has served in various volunteer and staff roles in children’s ministries, spanning three decades. She has a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Texas A&M University and a Master’s from SMU.
This workshop is 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Eastern time) Wednesday, February 20, 2019 at St. Luke's United Methodist Church in Indianapolis. The cost is $30 per person. When congregational teams of three or more register together, the cost is discounted to $25 per person. This fee includes continental breakfast, lunch and workshop materials.
Workshops limited to Indiana congregations.
How can you maximize your learning in this workshop and others? Check out this Center for Congregations article, "Getting the Most from an Education Event."