You are invited to this long-term learning opportunity about healthy congregational leadership.
Leaders like you know you are supposed to direct change; but that's often easier said than done. Through education and coaching, this program will help equip your congregation with the tools and thinking needed to move forward with values-based change. You will explore personal development as a leader and learning with others in your congregation so that you are developing healthier team dynamics as well. This program is led by educator and coach Mark Oestreicher.
How do I apply?
Read through the details of this page and find the application link under the section titled Application and at the bottom of the page.
Best for: Indiana congregations interested in healthy congregational leadership and values-based change. Each congregation will select 3-4 team members including
- Senior clergy leader (required)
- Key congregational leader (session, SPRC, board member, etc.) (required)
- Ministry volunteer from a non-operational role (required)
- Second paid staff person (optional)
Education and coaching
In addition to the four required and one optional live online sessions, congregations accepted into the program will have access to one-on-one coaching for one of their team members from a certified coach and a meeting with the event leader.
Workshop sessions are 90 – 120 minutes. Click here for session details.
These workshop sessions are scheduled:
- Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 2 p.m. (Eastern)
- Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 2 p.m. (Eastern)
- Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 2 p.m. (Eastern)
- Tuesday, August 10, 2021 at 2 p.m. (Eastern)
- Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 2 p.m. (Eastern)
Mark Oestreicher, founder of The Youth Cartel, brings his expertise in education and coaching to this initiative. He has led and developed a coaching program over the last 10 years with 600 participants across North America. Coaching will be provided by Certified Ministry Coaches who work with The Youth Cartel.
- You can apply here.
- Early applications are due by February 15, 2021 (early applications that are accepted will receive a 50% discount on the registration fee)
- All applications are due by March 1, 2021
- Accepted congregations will be notified no later than March 8, 2021. Education sessions begin the next week on March 16, 2021
This program is subsidized by the Center for Congregations through the generosity of our funder, Lilly Endowment, Inc. The cost for the program is $100 per congregation, payable on or before March 16, 2021, and includes all workshops and coaching, books and materials. Congregations which apply before February 15, 2021 will receive a 50% discount.
If you have questions, contact education director Matt Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org